Sunday, November 7, 2010

Solar Panel Blinds

     For the Building a Better Mousetrap project, our group decided to combine solar panels and window blinds.  It wasn't my original idea for the project, but the more I thought about it, the more I began to wonder why solar panels are utilized more throughout the world.
    On top of incorporating solar panels in window blinds, I believe that incorporating solar blinds in other materials and objects is an easy and simple way to help the environment and save energy. One of the most efficient (in my opinion) ways of utilizing solar energy would be to attach solar panels to an already existing means of power production...wind turbines.
     Turbines are already generating electricity and are usually located in open areas of land, perfect for optimizing the amount of sunlight that it could take in if solar panels were attached to that.  I believe that in the very near future our generation will witness an increase in solar panels...maybe not necessarily on wind turbines, but other less foreign places such as buildings, rooftops, or even our own backyards.

No comments:

Post a Comment