Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Solution for Automatically Backing Up Data

     The other day, my laptop monitor decided to stop working.  I think that the light that is emitted for the screen has somehow short circuited, and now I am barely able to view the screen...pretty much rendering my laptop useless until I get the monitor fixed.  I know that there are ways to backup data or personal information online, or with an external hard drive, but I think that having the ability to somehow automatically backup all of your files is a solution that we may see in the near future.
     I have seen commercials for Windows that talks about operating on the "cloud," where users are able to operate their computer remotely, from a television, and so on.  I am not exactly sure what the cloud entails, but I believe it is on the path to having the ability to access one's personal information whenever,and from wherever they would like.  It would be so nice if I had the ability to still access all of my files and schoolwork from one of my roommate's laptops, instead of having to use a campus computer to complete my work.
     If this ever became a reality, I believe it would make lots of people's lives much easier.  However, with the ability to remotely access your information comes the ability for others to do the same, so once again, with these new types of technologies comes their positives and negatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment